Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalynn17
Reel Rookie

YouTube still won’t work even I've done everything

I tried that still not working 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Kalynn17
Reel Rookie

Re: Tried everything, YouTube still won’t work

I tried factory reset. I tried deleting app then restarting and reinstalling that didn't work. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kalynn17,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We would be happy to look further into this issue and we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  • If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kmmpom
Reel Rookie

I have an Express4K. YouTube will load, when I hit play, it will play for about 10 seconds then goes to a black screen. I have to press the back arrow button on the remote, then it will play for another 10 seconds before it goes to a black screen again. It works on my Roku TV, but that smaller TV is in my bedroom. I shouldn't have to go to one room to watch YouTube or use my laptop!!! If it doesn't work, I need a replacement that does.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We apologize for this experience, @kmmpom.

Rebooting your router might help fix this playback issue with YouTube. Also, may we know if you have already reached out to YouTube support regarding this? We highly recommend doing this first, as they may be able to provide initial troubleshooting steps to sort out this concern.

You can keep us updated on what you have found out so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos