Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxGolden

YouTube Screen Going Black Every Few Seconds

Jump to solution

I see that everyone is experiencing this issue and see no solutions. I found one intellect who gave the answer to all our problems. I don’t recall exactly how, but you simply need to turn off “1-Touch Option” in the settings of Roku. Don’t ask me how because I don’t remember. I hope this helped everyone more than the Roku staff could.

0 Kudos
bjlyon615
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube videos keep starting with black screen

Jump to solution

Today is April 19, 2024.  Each time Inclick into a YouTube video on my Roku device a black screen appears.  No sound, no video after waiting over two minutes.  If I click into a short YouTube video all inget is the first frame, no sound, no video.  I have reinstalled the YouTube app, did a system restart on the Roku device, tried a different network connection and nothing seems to help.  I’ve been a Roku fan for years but if this can’t be fixed I’ll have to buy another streaming device.

JamesAZ81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, your best bet is to go with something other than Roku. I thought they had fixed the black screen issue, because for about a day I wasn't having the issues. But, it didn't last long. My issue is worse now. Black screen happens more frequently than before. I'm getting rid of my roku devises this week. I'm tired of the issues. Roku was great for years and now they don't care anymore. They let their product turn to **bleep**. For anyone on the fence on whether or not to get a Roku device, go with the alternative. You will have less headaches. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @JamesAZ81 @bjlyon615 

Thanks for posting.

We understand the issue that occurred with the YouTube app going to a black screen after watching content. Kindly be advised that our team is currently aware of the issue and is investigating it. 

For this issue, we'd like to collect the information below so we can update the appropriate Roku team and address it.

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • YouTube app version.

Once we have this information, we'll update it with the team and will work on a resolution.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamesAZ81
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

TCL model 55R635

Serial number X00300JXD5SH

Device ID S05EY06XD5SH

Software OS ver 12.5.5 build 4177-88

Tracker ID SH-162-409

Youtube app ver 2.22 build 110005100

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional information, @JamesAZ81!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Linkst3r

Re: YouTube videos keep starting with black screen--HDMI issue?

Jump to solution

(model 4210X) I have had problems with Youtube for about 8 mos. It used to work seamlessly.
Symptoms: Video starts with black, then gray with popping sound and "loading" sometimes on the screen. Sometimes back button recovers menu. Other times it crashes Roku (self-reboot). This occurs with 2 different TVs, cables, ports, and actual Roku (I have spare of same model). Internet typically 35+Mbs.
I BELIEVE IT'S AN HDMI ISSUE.
I used a converter from HDMI to old analog audio and composite video. This is a one-way signal, no HDMI "controls" can interface with the TV.
It has not hung/crashed for about 1 week (usually everyday!).

0 Kudos