Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRN23
Reel Rookie

You have reached the device limit.

I am trying to open a channel on my Roku that I've previously used on many occasions.  I click on the icon and it gives me the option to go to "Saved Sites" which I do.  I click on the one saved site (that again, I've used many times before) it shows me the icon for that channel which I click on, it looks like it starts to load then gives me the message, "You have reached the device limit."  After several tries, I then tried resubmitting the name and password to try and reload the channel, but I get the same message. 

I've tried this on both my Roku's and get the same message.

I'm not sure what "Device Limit" it's referring to, but can anyone help me solve this so I can watch this channel again?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: You have reached the device limit.

I guessing it has nothing to do with Roku and is some restriction the channel/app you're using has imposed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LRN23
Reel Rookie

I doubt that's the issue, because I can still log on to that channel on my computer and screen the same program which Roku will no longer let me access.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It might help to mention the channel/app.  I don't recall the language "saved sites" in any channel I use, so I'm guessing that its a channel that I am unfamiliar with.

LRN23
Reel Rookie

The channel is called "Screeners."  It seems to be run by a company called Vision Screeners.  I may try and contact their customer service as well, but as I mentioned, since I can still stream the channel on my computer, I would imagine they will say it is an issue with Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

It's possible they have a device limit that isn't applied when you use a computer. It might only limit devices like Roku, Smart TVs, Fire TVs, etc. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Strega
Roku Guru

If they do, it will just be the typical support ploy to end a call by pointing a finger.  Almost all apps on Roku are written by the content providers – when something goes wrong in one app, it’s almost always that one app that has a problem.

Given the description in the channel store: “Vision Screeners allows authorized viewers the ability to view media on their Roku device. This application requires valid credentials and is not an app for consumer viewing. If you have questions, please contact us at streamingsupport@visionmedia.com

I would say that this, all the more, means you’re going to need to contact them as most of us on this forum are “consumer viewers” that this app is not for.

LRN23
Reel Rookie

Issue was finally resolved. I contacted the streamer and it turns out there was a problem on their end.  They reset things, now it is fine.  I still don't get why it would still run on the computer, but I'm just glad it's working again.  Thanks for all your suggestions.