Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wagner597
Channel Surfer

Xfinity stream app freezing

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having a problem with Xfinity Stream freezing?  Our issue began yesterday afternoon.  It first started where we couldn't load the Xfinity app at all.  Then a couple of hours later we could load the app.  Then after we were watching anywhere from 15-30 minutes it would freeze.  After about a minute it would then go back to the home screen and we could use the remote.  I thought the streaming stick was overheating, but since it is continuing we now know that is not the case.  I restarted the Roku 4K streaming stick, restarted the wifi and internet router this morning as it was still doing it.  After that we loaded the app and within 5 minutes it froze again.  So our next trouble shooting was to switch to the Pluto app.  We were able to watch it with no issues. 

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue before we contact support.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wagner597
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity stream app freezing

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR Thank you for your reply.  I've think it has something to do with the power cord with the long-range Wi-Fi receiver.  I've checked everything else so far including the removing the Xfinity channel and adding it back in.  It's just weird that it started 2 days ago and I'm only having the problem with our Vizio 4K smart TV as I connected it to our Samsung smart TV with the power cord with the long range Wi-Fi receiver and didn't have the problem.  We also determined it wasn't just the Xfinity channel, as what it does is lose network connection after about 20-25 minutes.  

Feel free to close this discussion since it's not the issue I originally thought.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
wagner597
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Testing on a different TV.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wagner597,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing the issue you've encountered on the Xfinity app. Have you tried removing the Xfinity app and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel
  1. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  2. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

Please let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wagner597
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR Thank you for your reply.  I've think it has something to do with the power cord with the long-range Wi-Fi receiver.  I've checked everything else so far including the removing the Xfinity channel and adding it back in.  It's just weird that it started 2 days ago and I'm only having the problem with our Vizio 4K smart TV as I connected it to our Samsung smart TV with the power cord with the long range Wi-Fi receiver and didn't have the problem.  We also determined it wasn't just the Xfinity channel, as what it does is lose network connection after about 20-25 minutes.  

Feel free to close this discussion since it's not the issue I originally thought.

0 Kudos
wagner597
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure if it resolved itself or if some of my troubleshooting fixed it but it seems to be working.  I did change my internet connection so not sure if that had something to do with it.

0 Kudos
Christinem67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes non stop.  Not sure if its roku or xfinity

0 Kudos
Cease
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! Home Screen takes me to apps but Xfinity stream app opens briefly and then goes back to Home Screen. I am unable to get app to function. 

0 Kudos
Cease
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having same problem. 

0 Kudos
dterry

Jump to solution

Same issues as the others recently. I open the app and it closes almost immediately. I have removed the app, reset my TV, and reloaded. I also reset my internet connections. This is on a TCL Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Christinem67
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is this a roku issue or xfinity app issue? Ive done all these steps and its still not working.