Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Re: Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

@RokuEuniceL  Yes, this was an ongoing issue since October of 2022. You had indicated to me last time this was an Xfinity Issue, they are saying it is Roku issue and they have confirmed and working on a firmware update but wont be released until the end of the month. Please advise the validity of that and if Roku is now taking responsibility for the volume fluctuation. 

Debwatts
Reel Rookie

I’ve been having this issue since Xfinity moved off the beta version of the app. I’ve been complaining to Xfinity for years and this is the first time I’ve heard it’s a Roku issue. It doesn’t happen on any other app except for Xfinity. What does Roku say?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Debwatts,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Xfinity channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Roku has yet to confirm responsibility and working on an update. January they stated as they always have that it is xfinity issue. Xfinity for the past 3 months have been blaming Roku.  I too do not experience any issues on any other channel other than the xfinity stream

vadeltachi
Streaming Star

@Debwatts You will get a canned response from roku indicating something to the effect that it's your problem and that you need to troubleshoot. 

We all get this canned message, and there is no amount of troubleshooting you can do that will fix it. 

roku knows about the problem -- which, as you've correctly noted, developed when stream app went from beta to not beta a VERY long time ago.  And here we are.

In fact, I see that you've received the canned roku response.

Don't expect much more from roku other than "be patient" even if you ask for follow ups. 

There is no known ETA.

0 Kudos
Debwatts
Reel Rookie

I updated the roku software, restarted it, updated the xfinity app like the tech said. It didn’t work and actually was worse last night. Several times I lost volume and one time background music played but not voices.

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

@RokuJohnB @RokuEuniceL 

Does anyone have an update to my questions? Is Roku now taking responsibility and working on a new firmware to fix the audio fluctuations, or are they still taking the stance that this is an Xfinity Stream App issue. I need some clear answers to go back to Xfinity with, please. 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Can someone from Roku please respond??

Debwatts
Reel Rookie

Hey RokuJohnB,

I responded to your question and haven't heard anything back from you. Can you respond?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dansgen1alero,

We appreciate you for keeping us posted!

We're sorry to hear about the experience this may have caused you with the Xfinity Stream app. That's not what we aim for. Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for that channel's authentication or functionality. For more information, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You can reach Xfinity customer support here: Xfinity Support.

Thanks for your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos