Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Re: Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

@RokuEuniceL @RokuJechealR @RokuJanadeeK @RokuArjiemar @RokuERey  Can I please get an answer and an update to my question/issue/concern? 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

@RokuEuniceL @RokuJechealR @RokuJanadeeK @RokuArjiemar @RokuERey

It seems like both Roku and Xfinity are now ignoring this huge issue that has been going on for over a year now with no update or solution in site. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @dansgen1alero,

We got you,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to investigate your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available.
Thanks for your continued patience.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.
Regards,
Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

You can't answer the question to who is to blame, Roku or Xfinity? What is being researched and investigated? This has been an issue for over a year

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Is Roku working with Xfinity on this? Is Roku taking responsibility for the issue or is it still stating it is an Xfinity issue? 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Is Roku working with Xfinity on this? Is Roku taking responsibility for the issue or is it still stating it is an Xfinity issue?  It shouldn't take months to get an answer to a question. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dansgen1alero,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We understand you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Since the issue persists on the Xfinity Stream app after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, as advised by our Roku team, we highly suggest that you reach out to the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. An issue within that specific channel might have an update for this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you and let us know if there are any updates so we can also update our appropriate Roku team.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christine5

I too, am streaming the Xfinity app through a Roku device, and daily am frustrated by fluctuations in volume. Interestingly, I have informed Xfinity about this issue, and they do nothing to fix it. I do believe it is an Xfinity issue, as I do not experience the fluctuations in volume when using Netflix, or Prime Video apps, so why only on Xfinity app is this occurring and Xfinity says it is not their issue! I agree… more people experiencing this volume fluctuation need to complain to Xfinity about it.

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

I am supposed to get an update from xifnity next week, lmao Love to see what they say.... oh nothing has been done we are still investigating.... 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Can I have Roku please confirm again if their stance has changed and they are taking responsibility for this issue or if Roku still insists this is an issue with the Xfinity Stream App?  Xfinity is closing all tickets indicating Roku has taken blame and will send a fixed firmware update towards the end of this year????? Is this true????

0 Kudos