Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Re: Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

Thank you. I created the original, and it looks like it was merged with the Weather Channel thread. I had then posted on it questioning that and the posts from then forward were removed to then create this one but the original post and first couple of comments (actually related to my post) remain on the merged post for the Weather Channel issue(s). 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@dansgen1alero 

Thanks for flagging us, and sorry for the confusion here.

We've made some changes to it and making sure there's no misrouted ticket.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Has there been any updates?

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Has there been any updates?

Is Roku working with Xfinity on this? Is Roku taking responsibility for the issue or is it still stating it is an Xfinity issue? 

Please advise

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Hello? Any update????

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Hello?  I have receive no updates at all on this issue. Please provide an update as well as confirm or deny if Roku is taking any responsibility for this issue or if they believe it is an issue with Xfinity's stream app. Xfinity seems to think that Roku is taking the blame for this but last I was told, it is not a Roku issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dansgen1alero,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

What is it they are investigating, the issue has been going on since October of 2022 so now one year and two months later, what more is to investigate?????  Is Roku taking responsibility for this issue or are they still claiming this is an issue with the Xfinity Stream app?  Xfinity seems to think that Roku is about to release a new OS that is supposed to fix that issue. Can you confirm or deny this allegation made by Xfinity???? 

0 Kudos
JimmyO
Streaming Star

I switched to YouTube TV once my annual Cable plan was up.  I only use Comcast for 1 GB internet now.  The feeling was exhilarating 🙂   I even use the advanced audio features of the Roku "Audio leveling, Bass/Treble adjustments, etc.)

Good luck with getting a formal fix from Roku.  They responded to my BBB complaint that they fixed the issue with a super secret patch they rolled out.  They acknowledged that the patch would not address all issues but that it was the fix.  

Not sure if they are going to try to resolve this for those of you still having issues.

Peace, I'm out!

JimmyO

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

@RokuJechealR  Please reply. I should not have to follow up on a weekly basis to get a question answered. 

0 Kudos