Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fembury
Binge Watcher

World News Stopped Working

None of these suggestions work. 

imjad world news channel and it worked fine. Then suddenly it stopped move uninstalled reinstalled nothing fixes the problem 

how,on earth do,we access ROKU to resolve this?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: World News Stopped Working

Hi @Fembury,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Have you made sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful?
  2. When did this issue first start occurring?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?

We also recommend taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting any playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your playback issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Ladytee
Reel Rookie

Mary, the World News channel/app stopped working.  I noticed this about 5 days ago.  I do not know exactly when it may have stopped as a whole.  I do not recall having problems  like this before.  When accessing the channel, its title/name appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen, then reverts back to the Home page, where the other pre-installed channels are.  Al Jazeera, Bloomberg Finance and the other one or two world news companies no longer shows.  Nothing shows up.  PLEASE FIX.  

Additionally, will the DW be added back to the World News app/channel.  How can we access other world news channels outside of the World News channel?    Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ladytee

We appreciate your contact!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

-Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
-Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
-Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Timbo62
Reel Rookie

Hello

have the same issue with the same symptoms. Followed the suggested steps to the letter. Still get same result. Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks, Tim

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Timbo62,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a playback issue. We would be happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Ladytee
Reel Rookie

Hello Tim and Others.  

Since we are unable to get a resolving response from Roku as to why we are no longer able to access any of the World News networks on the channel, I would think that the next step would be to inquire directly with the specific networks for a response and/or an alternative resolve.   

Ladytee
0 Kudos
Ladytee
Reel Rookie

Suggested resolve steps appear not to be working. (?)  There apparently is a greater problem/issue. 

0 Kudos
Timbo62
Reel Rookie

This was my email response not acknowledged yet:

Hi

Thank you for the reply. As mentioned in the thread the channel is “World News”. When the channel is selected it displays the logo screen for a couple of seconds but then returns to the home page. 

I took the steps suggested in the thread. Removed the channel, restarted the Roku, and re-added the channel. Same result as before. 

Thanks, Tim

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Roku wouldn't be responsible for what does or doesn't work in the World News channel/app.  "FastVideo" is the developer and given that their privacy policy links to a generic Facebook page makes me think they're sketchy.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos