Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Me231

Why is my roku channel pausing at end of ads no matter what i watch

My roku channel is pausing at end of ads no matter what i choose to watch. Streaming stops and when i go back to "resume" the show i was watching it restarts from begining???

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
monophoto
Streaming Star

Re: Why is my roku channel pausing at end of ads no matter what i watch

There are at least two other threads asking about this issue.  So far, Roku has not been able to identify what is causing the problem.

I did not experience this problem when I first started using Roku - which suggests that it is not a hardware problem, but rather is either a buggy OS update, or something at the Roku end.  In either case, Roku would have to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Me231 @monophoto!

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community!

It is appreciated that you've brought this to our attention. No worries! We'd be more than willing to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible so you can go back to streaming the channel smoothly. 

Before we proceed, we'd like to know the following:

• Is this an isolated case within The Roku Channel? If not, kindly specify the affected channels.
  • Does rebooting your Roku player resolve this? (Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart)
  • What other troubleshooting methods have you tried to try and resolve this? 
  • What specific Roku player are you having this issue with?

We'll be anticipating your response so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
monophoto
Streaming Star

@RokuCarly 

I believe that I have noted several times that I have only experienced this problem on Roku Channel programming.

One earlier post in this thread suggested changing some of the Roku privacy/advertising settings.  I followed that suggestion but found that the changes did not resolve the problem.  Beyond that, I have pointed out that I am a Roku customer, and have appealed to the technical experts at Roku, whose job it is to solve this problem, for advice on what to do.  I still waiting for an answer.  I am not an expert on how the Roku universe works, so I would have no idea what kind of troubleshooting steps would be appropriate.

As I have noted in several previous posts, I have three Roku-enabled TVs.  One is a Roku-branded TV, one has a Streaming Stick (on an LG TV), and the third is a Samsung with a Roku Express player.  I have only experienced the problem on the TV with the Roku Express player, but I don't normally watch Roku Channel programming on either of the other two TVs.  I did do one trial using the TV with the Streaming Stick, but did not experience the problem.  So while this is not a definitive test, what I can say definitively is that it does happen quite regularly on the TV using the Roku Express player. 

I have rebooted the Roku Express player many times.  This has had no effect on the problem.

Finally, I would point out that it seems to happen when the total advertising break is longer than 1 minute and involves multiple commercials - I do not recall it happening on advertising breaks shorter than one minute or that involve only one advertiser.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @monophoto.

In this case, we will coordinate this with our relevant team for further review and to determine the cause. 

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can include your device in the investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. No worries! We are more than eager to resolve this in the best way we can so you can get back on streaming the app without any interruptions. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at this point. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
monophoto
Streaming Star

@ RokuCarly

I've already provided that information

ScreenHunter 456.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying, @monophoto!

Rest assured that your device has already been included in the investigation. Once we've been notified of updates we will make sure to post it here.

In the meantime, we request your patience as we work on this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos