Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bwich

Re: Why is my Roku so slow to respond? Lag between button pushes

Okay I know this is going to sounds crazy but - have you tried turning it off and on again?

What I mean by that is going to “setting” “system” and then “system restart”

You will not loose your data. My Roku has been lagging for a year… we just thought to restart it and it’s instantly fast again 🤦🏻‍♀️

saboken
Binge Watcher

Umm yes I'm don't think I've gotten a Roku to run for more than a month without it needing a reboot, this happens to all Roku's I have owned the one in question is now long retired and in a landfill because of it's behavior, I'm positive they are built to self destruct after time via updates like cellphones. 

0 Kudos
Robert2022

I have super fast internet with a fast gaming router and have no WIFI issues at all and the Roku is hardwired, not on WiFi. My Roku still has issues with the remote lag (seconds, not minutes), pixelization and buffering issues (Only on YouTube TV). I think the app itself is the issue for YouTube TV, as I don't have the issues streaming 4k and 8k from YouTube while YouTube TV is only streaming HD. Recently I received warnings it was overheating from time to time so I moved it to a cooler area, although for years it was fine where it was. I think it is a "you get what you pay for" scenario and I am considering going back to normal TV if this streaming does not improve soon.

0 Kudos
DPM76

I finally plugged a fire stick into my TCL Roku tv. My Roku speed was 63 mbs, the fire stick is 273 mbs, no lag.

That's a crazy difference in speed

0 Kudos
phatso

Roku system restart fixed the lag on my TCL. We'll see how long that lasts. It's a 3 year old TV and have had no issues until recently. 

0 Kudos
James_K

I had the same problem and tolerated it for weeks until I couldn't take it anymore. I discovered this fix on the internet, and it worked great. It only took a minute or two, and I regained my sanity.

1. Turn on the television and Roku.

2. Press the HOME button at the top right of the remote five (5) times.

3. Press the UP Arrow once.

4. Press the REWIND arrow twice .

5. Press the FAST FORWARD arrow twice.

This procedure supposedly clears the cache.