Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilotwan2be
Reel Rookie

Why does my Fubo TV freeze on Roku devices

I know this has been a while since this thread was started but I'm having same problem.  I've tried all that has been mentioned, restart Roku, re-install Fubo, reset the WiFi.  It works on an other Roku in another room.  I didnt see any other solution.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pilotwan2be,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're still having streaming issues with Fubo TV on your Roku device after attempting the mentioned troubleshooting steps. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Kindly provide us with the following details:

• Which Roku device are you having issues with, and what is its software version? You can check on Settings > System > About.
  • When did the issue occur?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?
  • Have you tried updating your software to the latest version?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pilotwan2be
Reel Rookie

It's the Roku Ultra. 

It has been happening for a while now.  At least a few weeks.

We get an error message sometimes.  When we do it is says Cannot play the content at this time.  Normally there isn't and error, it just freezes.

And I have checked the software update.  It says that all is updated.

A couple more things.  First is that it mostly happens when using Fubo.  What is odd is that we have another Roku, an Express, in another room that doesn't seem to freeze.  That led me to question if it was the Roku instead of Fubo.

Just an FYI - I did also try and uninstall and reinstall Fubo.  That didn't work.  And I've rebooted the WiFi more than once.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: why does my Fubo freeze on Roku devices

Hi @Pilotwan2be,

Thank you for the quick response.

We'll be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. What version or build is the Fubo TV on your Roku Ultra? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pilotwan2be
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my Fubo TV freeze on Roku devices

Model# - 4660RW - ROKU ULTRA

Serial# - YJ001Y074735

Software Version - 12.5.5 Build 4174-46

Fubo TV version  5.3  Build 100

As for the Error ID, I'll get this for you when it comes up.  Many times it doesn't give an error it just freezes or keeps spinning.

0 Kudos
Pilotwan2be
Reel Rookie

Had it freeze multiple times this evening. The issue code that comes up is: 35-099-55

20240309_222248.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pilotwan2be,

We appreciate you providing all these details here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix the issue as soon as possible. We are dedicated to finding a solution to your concerns, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything further we can do to help, and we'll continue assisting you at any time.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jhess

Same issue, probably going to cancel Fubo. They need to fix this glitch!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jhess!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we're here to help you find the best resolution for the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Fubo TV channel.

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather further information so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

• Is this the only channel you are having this issue with? If so, are there any error messages prompted?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to try and resolve this?
  • When did you start experiencing this? 

In the meantime, kindly try to highlight the channel tile of Fubo TV and press the star (*) button to update it.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming the channel. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos