Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norabatty23
Reel Rookie

Watch TCM not working...again.

Well I am having the same problem since last week.  When I try to watch a movie on watch tcm I get the message authorization for this content has failed.  Anyone out there figured it out???

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Watch TCM not working...again.

Hi @Norabatty23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your problem with the channel. Have you tried removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HTMLPhD
Reel Rookie

Same problem.  Above did not achieve success.  It may have something to do with the provider.  In my case the default provider is ATT Uverse, yet while ATT provides the internet connection, I stream on ROKU and view TCM on Hulu.  These options were never offered to me in the verification process.  It may make a difference.

0 Kudos
Norabatty23
Reel Rookie

oK. I JUST solved the problem of getting the error message when trying to play movies on watch tcm.  I was getting the error message authorization for this content has failed.  Went to left of screen at the bottom where it says sign out.  It took me to th activate screen with a code which I used at the tcm activate website.  I then tried to play movies and was successful.  Hopefully it continues to work!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I have this happen frequently enough with my Watch TCM account that I have placed a permanent shortcut to the Watch TCM activation page on the home page of both my phone and my tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Raleighite
Reel Rookie

That worked for me.  Just restarting did not.

0 Kudos
HTMLPhD
Reel Rookie

Once Hulu appeared in the list for provider, it worked for me.

0 Kudos

Yes!  Signing out then back in worked! Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AeroEngineer,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know that the issue was resolved, and we express our gratitude for the effort you put into performing the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Tried this 3 times, still can’t watch any movies although oddly I was able to watch a host intro (???) for one movie, but not the movie. Have spent an hour trying to get this to work. So annoying 

0 Kudos