Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawkeye1

Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

Upon giving voice command request via the voice button, response back is "Unable to hear you - try again." Roku Ultra is 2019 version purchased just a week ago. Roku device has latest software version 9.2 and the model number of the remote is RC412. My internet connection is wired via an ethernet connection. Have tried everything - disconnecting power source and rebooting, re-pairing remote with process of removing batteries, etc. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
Tkartz

Re: Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

@Hawkeye1 wrote:

Upon giving voice command request via the voice button, response back is "Unable to hear you - try again." Roku Ultra is 2019 version purchased just a week ago. Roku device has latest software version 9.2 and the model number of the remote is RC412. My internet connection is wired via an ethernet connection. Have tried everything - disconnecting power source and rebooting, re-pairing remote with process of removing batteries, etc. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions appreciated.

I also have a problem using voice command. When I try I get the same, "Unable to Hear You-try again."  I do not see an answer for this issue so posting about it again. I'm in the U.S.  and have already tried the same trouble shooting as above poster. 

Leslie-Ann
Reel Rookie

I am having this same issue now for a couple of weeks.  I keep trying, hoping that it will somehow work.  I tried different batteries, unplugging everything and replugging them back to no avail.  I love my Roku and rave about it to anyone who would listen.  Now quite sad.

I'm also having the same problem. It hasn't worked since I bought it almost a year ago. I wonder why Roku hasn't responded to any of these questions.

Leslie-Ann
Reel Rookie

If you bought it less than a year ago you may be able to call them to ask for resolution. My Roku is over 3 years old, so I have no recourse

0 Kudos
Flow

I have read posts from w019, 2020 and this one is 2021. I am also having the same problems. Troubleshoot does not work after multiple times. It's almost a year old. Thought about purchasing a new one but after reading this blog it seems it's common old or new. Why hasn't  Roku reached out with a solution. 

0 Kudos

I just started having this same problem with my ROKU voice remote.  Like others, I have tried everything that I can think of to be able to get the voice command to work, with no success.  Has anyone gotten an answer as to how to correct this?  Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lostinsowega,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the Roku voice remote issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further? As well as providing me your Roku Ultra's serial number by going to Settings > System >About. 

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted.

Many thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
dubnationd
Reel Rookie

I was having the same problem with my Roku box I was able to solve it by unplugging the Roku hdmi cable from my TV set and plugging into a different HDMI port on the TV set solved the "unable to hear try later" voice command error message.

Len5
Reel Rookie

The link above like so many other links to Roku articles says URL not found. The support is abominable. 

0 Kudos