Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcetlinski
Reel Rookie

Vizio tv shuts off randomly or roku display shuts off

We have tried the latest roku 4k stick and now the 4k express +. With our two vizio tvs the tv will either shut off and turn back on at random or with the express + the video out put appears to quit randomly. We have older Roku’s on both of these tvs with no issues. Have been through 4 of the sticks and now an express +. Has to be a setting or a bug with vizio tv’s??

Currently the display will stay up for about 30 seconds then we have to turn off the tv and turn it back on

current setup: 

3941RW - roku express 4k +
software version:  10.5.0

TV: Vizio V435-H1

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vizio tv shuts off randomly or roku display shuts off

@Mcetlinski 

First, verify that you are using the supplied power adapters plugged into the wall to address any power issues.

Second, 10.5 introduced a new "Power Saving" feature to the newer devices like Express 4k/4k+.  I am assuming also in the new 4k/4k+ Streaming Sticks.  Try disabling the "20-min power saving" feature located under Settings...System...Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Mcetlinski
Reel Rookie

Been through your suggestions, also tried using the USB power from the tv itself, tried on two separate Vizio tvs, now I’ve been through 7 of the 4K+ devices and none of them work with our two Vizio tvs, all of my older Rokus are fine on these tvs. 

Irritated that Roku does not have a phone in support option, would prefer to continue using Rokus down the road!

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mcetlinski

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mcetlinski
Reel Rookie

The Serial number is:  S07P217CGKP9.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mcetlinski

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos