Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTbliss
Channel Surfer

Re: Viewing YouTube of Jimmy Kimmel monologue video fails to load and play

Jump to solution

**bleep**, thanks for letting us know the troubleshooting so I don't have to go through all that, fr. Only thing I've found to work rn is a comment above to change the settings to 480. Works perfect for me and the quality is still decent. Just gotta remember to change it back when viewing something else. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think there’s some sort of legal action taking place here. It’s only on Kimmel’s YouTube page that Fox owned clips are getting jammed up in the loading process. On no other pages have I seen this happen time and time again recently.

0 Kudos
FTbliss
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Idk about that, commenter above has had it happening for months. 

0 Kudos
JeffYorba
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is a grand idea and given the reputation of Fox media, might just have 'legs' in a novella.    But, I resolved the issue of a Fox 'insert' into J.K. by reducing the picture quality to 420.      I do NOT use the YouTube app,   I access YouTube directly from my Duck-Duck-Go browser(?), reduce that video to 420, and  using HDMI cable I connect my PC to the TV, and it works.     If anybody reading has found a means of using an Android table / device and then 'air streaming' the J.K. to the TV we'd all be interested.

BTW:   You, indeed, non-Faux from the Roku app runs without problems.    

0 Kudos
JeffYorba
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Searching for 'fox news litigation against abc + jimmy kimmel' finds nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos