Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jv9
Reel Rookie

Video freezes but sound continues.

I have a new Roku device and this problem is still happening in 2023 (almost 2024). That's quite a bug you can't fix. ODD. Firmware is up to date. Device details below. What is the way to fix this?

Model: 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+
Serial number: X02200L8WK39
Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-E4
Device ID: SOHAK358WK39
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Solar_K
Reel Rookie

Re: Video freezes but sound continues.

I fixed my video playback problems by examining my HDMI cables.  Older cables do not support the latest requirements made of them by newer devices.  Make sure you have the latest versions of HDMI cables.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @jv9,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information.

• Is the issue happening on all contents/channels, or is this isolated to 1 content/channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • If possible, send a video and picture of the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jv9
Reel Rookie

Ok, so I've been running with a different HDMI cable for a couple of days and things are ok. I installed using the cable that came with the Roku device. I guess that is not an optimal and compatible cable.

0 Kudos