Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
REW
Reel Rookie

Video and audio jump back to previous scenes and start over.

Jump to solution

While watching several episodes of a several programs the video and audio suddenly jump back several minutes and play a scene that I have already watched. Currently watching an episode of HUNTER and it has done it 3 times in the first 15 minutes of the show. What gives?? Shurely the folks at Roku didn't screw up that bad when loading these videos in there system. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Video and audio jump back to previous scenes and start over.

Jump to solution

@REW

Have you tried removing the channel then re-install it? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@REW 

You didn't say what app you are using. Roku has thousands, so narrowing it down a little will help.

If you're talking about The Roku Channel, keep in mind that many will be curated content from other sources, particularly Filmrise. Those will have a Filmrise logo at the beginning. If there's an issue with those, it's actually from the content source. Regardless, that's not a good experience.

Let us know the app so we can offer the best suggestions.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
REW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku Express model 3930X.  Software version 10.0.0 build 4209-AE.  Software shows to be up to date. Most times I am on Roku Channel and some of the shows do show the Filmrise tag. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@REW

Have you tried removing the channel then re-install it? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
REW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Removing channel and reinstalling it did not help. I removed channel, did a total power down for over an hour and reinstalled the channel.  Must be something screwy with the shows I was watching. I have started watching some other programs on Roku Channel and they are working OK.

Thanks for the help!!

0 Kudos
Dan1775

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  It has happened more than once while viewing a movie on the Roku App on a Roku TV.  The last time it was the worst.  While watching "The Maiden Heist" it jumped back scenes several times and jumped ahead several times.  One time the credits even came up before the end of the movie and then it jumped to the last two scenes of the movie.  The plot of the movie became very confusing and hard to follow. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dan1775

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos