Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spiedupon

Using Roku on an older TV // HDCP error that didn't exist in March.

I am using an LG 50PG20 television. It has 3 HDMI 1.3 ports, and I checked with the manufacturer to be sure they support the fascist HDCP. They do. It doesn't support HDCP 2.2, but I'm not streaming 4k. All of the HDMI ports worked in March for streaming services to this television. I NOW only get HDCP errors when I try to stream video sources, even my own server material, home movies with no HDCP protection on them. What happened? There's nothing wrong with the ports. They're clean and tight. I cleaned them. I've tried two different streaming sticks which work with other TVs. The website now says HDMI 2.0, but it worked before. Has Roku just delivered a giant F.U. to my home in the form of a software update that makes my perfectly-functional TV obsolete? Are they flipping me the bird and telling me to buy a new TV that I don't need or want? How do I circumvent this? I'm not even stealing; I pay for all those streaming services. Why am I being blocked from viewing them? I spent an hour with LG determining the TV functions as it was designed, there are no updates available, but it didn't need one to work in March. Can I trick the streaming copyright nazis by running it through a modern receiver first? Please help! I can't be the only one who's life changed in April.

0 Kudos