Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogopogo
Channel Surfer

Unable to watch the Roku channel it keeps on spinning

Me too, just bought and no channels work. Its just a spinning white ball. Returning this POS to store. I have no patience for this

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with streaming on your Roku device. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

Additionally, kindly restart your router just to check if there will be a difference with streaming.

We hope this helps.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ogopogo
Channel Surfer

YOu post this for everything. I have retarted it several times. I've unplugged it several times. I have rebooted router several times. I have removed Roku CHannel, power cycled, readded roku channel several times.

All other apps like tubi, pluto, rumble etc work. I just cant watch Roku Channel. I get the listings on live TV but if I select a channel I get a black screen or spinning ball.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to watch the Roku channel it keeps on spinning

Thank you for the additional information, @ogopogo!

We want to further investigate this issue that you are having with the Roku channel since you are unable to access the Roku channel and it keeps going back to the spinning screen. Where are you currently located right now? When did you first notice the problem? Are you using a VPN?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.