Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AridHeat
Reel Rookie

Unable to Screen mirror with Apple TV

Hello!

I have been looking at these troubleshooting guides for a while and nothing seems to help. I have a Roku Premier that I am unable to connect to Apple TV. The option for the TV doesn’t even show up on any of my apple devices, even after restarting multiple times. I’ve updated and nothing improved, both on my devices and on the Roku itself. Resetting one or the other didn’t do anything either. I’m not sure if it’s a software or hardware issue, as again, I don’t think the Roku is even sending out a signal for the Apple TV at all. 

the issue report tracker:

Model: 3920X - Roku Premiere

Serial number: YH00AJ740904 (K4289A740904)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-91

GC version: 11.3.24

Timestamp: 2024-05-05T02:56.14Z

Please use issue ID 04-180-176 to report the current issue.

Airplay Info:

AirPlay Version 3.5.0.244

App Version  52.127.0

App Engine  14.2.0 (roku4-22R89):apple

Streaming Engine  2.510.3

hope someone can help, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to Screen mirror with Apple TV

@AridHeat-

See if this Roku page re Airplay helps:  https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

It does list your Premier 3920 as supporting Airplay.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AridHeat
Reel Rookie

Hi! Yeah I tried all of that. Roku Device is still not showing up as an option to screen mirror to on my iPad. Is it possible my WiFi connection isn’t allowing outgoing wireless signals/ the Roku itself as a hardware issue?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@AridHeat-

Some routers have a setting that can prevent devices connected to the same local net from interacting with each other.  This is primarily useful in shared installations like apartments where you would not want separate connected users to a common net to be able to connect to each other's devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X