Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathy14
Reel Rookie

Unable to Factory Reset: No Blinking Light

Express 4K+Screen frozen at bouncing Roku. New batteries, checking/changing connections and ports all not helpful. Attempted a factory reset, but when  I depress the reset button for more than 45 seconds, no blinking light. Thank you very much for your  suggestions and assistance.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to Factory Reset: No Blinking Light

Hi @Kathy14

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We're here to help you get up and running. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Then we recommend that you disconnect your router, then try to boot your device to see if it still gets stuck on the bouncing screen.

If you are still experiencing the issue, keep us posted along with the serial number of your Roku device its serial number, or device ID printed on the bottom or back of the product. So we can help you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Kathy14
Reel Rookie

Hello Nimfa - thank you very much for your prompt reply.

As you recommended, I powered down/rebooted my Verizon Fios router, and the device was/is plugged into a wall outlet and not being powered through the television’s USB port. Nonetheless, the screen remains frozen on the bouncing Roku letters for a short time, then reverts to no signal.

The serial # on the device is S07P22154XGD (model # 3941X). I really enjoy (need!) my Roku and would be very grateful for your help!

With thanks,

Kathy

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Kathy14

Thanks for the update. 

We apologize that it wasn't a smooth resolution. I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

Kathy14
Reel Rookie

I greatly appreciate your follow-up, Nimfa, and look forward to hearing from Roku support soon.

Kathy

0 Kudos