Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldManOnABike
Reel Rookie

Ultra sends horizontally compressed image to TV

Jump to solution

We recently replaced our Roku 3 with a Roku Ultra. The Roku 3 was able to send a picture to our widescreen TV that would fill the screen. The Ultra only sends a picture that is compressed horizontally. When setting up the Ultra using the HDMI cable that came with it, the Ultra identified our TV as 1080 with HDMI 1.4 and correctly determined that we do not have 4k. It appears the Ultra only uses HDMI 2.2. Do we need to purchase a new TV in order to have a normal picture? Is there a setting I can change to display the correct size image?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra sends horizontally compressed image to TV

Jump to solution

Is the image on the Ultra compressed (so everyone looks tall and skinny) or was the image on the Roku 3 stretched (so everyone looks short and fat)?  Is it all content or just old TV shows and movies?  Have you tried using the Zoom/Aspect/Picture size or whatever button on your TV remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Is the image on the Ultra compressed (so everyone looks tall and skinny) or was the image on the Roku 3 stretched (so everyone looks short and fat)?  Is it all content or just old TV shows and movies?  Have you tried using the Zoom/Aspect/Picture size or whatever button on your TV remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
OldManOnABike
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

oops! Thanks! It appears the TV remote had weak batteries and the zoom button wasn't working even though other buttons were. For kicks, I put new batteries in and now it works fine.

0 Kudos