Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbritton
Reel Rookie

Two Roku units went bad tonight

We had YouTube on in one room and went for a walk. Before we left I turned off the TV without getting out of YouTube. When we got back I couldn't get back into Roku. Simply dead. The light on the Roku device blinks when I press the home button, but other than that, black screen. Tried the usual, disconnected, waited 2 minutes and plugged back in; removed and inserted all cables, nothing.

We have another TV in the bedroom with a Roku device and that one is dead too. Same issue. Its not the wifi as the computers can access the internet just fine.

Does anyone know if Roku is having issues right now?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two Roku units went bad tonight

Even if Roku was having issues and your Internet/Wi-Fi was out of commission you'd still get a picture on the screen.  I know I sound like a broken record, but are you using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port?

Other things to try:

• A different HDMI input on the TV
  • A different HDMI cable
  • Swap devices and cables around between the TVs

Some of that may not apply.  For instance a stick doesn't use an HDMI cable and not all devices use a USB port for power, so it would be nice to know the model number(s) of the devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos