Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YetAnotherFan
Reel Rookie

The new Max app crashes every time

Anyone ever get a fix on this? I've uninstalled, waited 2mins, restarted, waited 2mins, installed, waited 2mins, restarted, waited 2mins, opened to login page, then backed out, waited 2mins, then restarted, waited 2mins, signed in, and the app goes back to the home page.

I should note, I signed up for the Ultimate plan through Max directly. I had a trial through Roku back 2020 ( when it was hbo max ).

I have: hulu, netflix, disney, Roku "live" Channels, and Roku Channels installed.

Using: Roku Ultra through a wired connection ( speed test in excess of 200 ).

2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The new Max app crashes every time

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @YetAnotherFan.

Since you've done all of the troubleshooting steps possible to try and resolve the playback issue you've been having, we highly recommend reaching out to their Customer Support for further advice and assistance. This is an isolated case within the Max app, and we wanted to remind you that the apps or channels on the Roku streaming platform are being created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers themselves. Reaching out to them would be the best resolution for this. You can also contact their direct line at (855) 442-6629

If you have further clarification and are in need of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to assist you anytime in the best way we can. 

Kind regards.

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

Re: The new Max app crashes every time

I have had a similar experience from time to time with Max.  The only thing that works for me is to sign into Max on my computer.  I then have to turn off the Roku for a couple minutes and when I boot it back up, Max lets me sign in on the Roku.  Some kind of validation issue?  Who knows.  Good luck

0 Kudos