Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walkerda

The button won’t let me control volume

I lost my remote. The one button on my tv let’s me select input but not control volume. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The button won’t let me control volume

@Walkerda 

Roku doesn't make Roku TVs. Roku only licenses the Roku software that manufacturers put in the TVs. So, the location of a physical volume button can vary by manufacturer.

You can may be able to control the volume of a Roku device with the Roku app on a smartphone. I assume that's what you're using to control it since you don't have a physical remote. The mute, volume down, and volume up button are on the app, right below the rewind, pause/play, and fast forward buttons.

Oh, and it's a good idea to have a physical remote. If your Roku device ever loses WiFi connectivity, you won't be able to use the app until you connect back to the network. That requires a physical remote. The Roku Voice Remote ($20) works with all Roku TVs. You can find them at Walmart, Best Buy, etc.

EDIT: Corrected to reflect that the volume control shows for some Roku devices, including at least some Roku TVs, but may not show for other Roku devices.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

makaiguy

@DBDukes wrote:

@Walkerda 

You can control the volume of a Roku device with the Roku app on a smartphone. I assume that's what you're using to control it since you don't have a physical remote. The mute, volume down, and volume up button are on the app, right below the rewind, pause/play, and fast forward buttons.

I carrently have a Roku TV, a Streaming Stick+, and a Streaming Stick 4K+ active.  The Roku app on my Android phone only gives me audio-related buttons for the Roku Tv, not for either of the devices.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@makaiguy wrote:

I carrently have a Roku TV, a Streaming Stick+, and a Streaming Stick 4K+ active. The Roku app on my Android phone only gives me audio-related buttons for the Roku Tv, not for either of the devices.

Huh. The iOS and Android apps show it for the Soundbar. That's what I checked on before responding last night. After verifying again this morning, they do show volume for Soundbar, but not for Premiere+ (3921). Those are the only I have access to at the moment. So, some have it and some don't. Great.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@DBDukes wrote:

... they do show volume for Soundbar, but not for Premiere+ (3921).

Makes sense.  Sound bars and tvs have speakers, other devices don't.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos