Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloviscat2
Reel Rookie

Tablo doesnt care to work with Roku express only the roku Ultra

I bought my Tablo hooked it to my Roku Express. All the live channels freeze up I assumed it might be a fluke due to an older Roku so we bought a Roku Ultra. Its works great. Then we decided to by another Roku express to put in another room. All apps are fine except the Tablo app. Again all live channels freeze up. I even tried to watch a recoded item and that picture froze too. Obviously Roku express does not support the Tablo Generation 4

6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tablo doesnt care to work with Roku express only the roku Ultra

What's the model number of the Express?  I've used a Tablo with several Roku devices new and old.  The Express devices often suffer from power issues especially if you're using the TV's USB port for power.  If you're not already, try a USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet plugged into the wall.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jnemmer50

any more on this?  I have three older Rokus working well with Tablo.  Just installed a Roku Express HD and the video on live TV is a fail... delayed if not frozen

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jnemmer50,

We're happy to have you here in the Roku community.

We understand that you're having trouble accessing Tablo on your Roku. We're happy to look closely into this concern.

May we know if you have already tried the troubleshooting provided by one of our experts? If so, may we know what steps did and did not work for you? Also, just to confirm, do you mean the Tablo TV app on your Roku device is unable to stream?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Corpus

I am having the same issue. The app works on my Android phone and on my amazon firebox fine. I also tested the app on a onn device and it works fine. Additionally, I Purchased another Tablo device and It has the same problems on the roku express only. [Model 3960RW - 12.5.5 * build 4174-ED / Tab Firmware 2..2.48]

0 Kudos
cloviscat2
Reel Rookie

I've done everything from disconnecting and restarting the Tablo app on the Roku express and everything I've tried is a fail. I even plugged the Roku express into an adaptor and still didn't work. I also resetted and disconnected everything with the Roku express and my router and still no change.

0 Kudos
Vickie6116

Any remedies to this roku express issue? I messed with my tablo 5 hours yesterday and still have local channel issues...didn't think about roku causing the problem