Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annkhunt

TV turns on, volume controlled, but no Home Screen.

My new (Feb 2022) Express 4K+ has suddenly stopped giving me my Home Screen. The TV turns on with the Roku remote, the volume can be controlled, but no data is streaming to my TV. I unplugged everything and then plugged everything back in, but still no Home Screen.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what to do? If not, and since according to Customer Support, my device is not supported with a Chat function, I have no recourse except to return it.  Hope I don't have to do that!

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: TV turns on, volume controlled, but no Home Screen.

So what are you getting?  A TV screen saying something like: "No signal"?  Some other Roku screen other than the Home screen?

Are you sure the TV is set to the right input?

0 Kudos
Csnorth421
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue.  The light of my Roku is on, but TV says no signal.  I tried connecting it to another TV and same issue.  Is the Roku defective?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Csnorth421, if you've tried two different TVs and you're certain you're choosing the right input on the TV then it's possible it's defective.  What's the model number written on the device somewhere?  Have you tried another HDMI cable (assuming it's not a stick)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Csnorth421
Reel Rookie

Model is 4800x.  I also swapped hdmi cables 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Csnorth421, the last thing to try is a factory reset.  Locate the reset button on the bottom and with the power connected press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos