Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV is stuck on main screen

Just had this TV for a year. I bought 2 of them at Costco. I turn on the TV and the Hisense - Roku TV logo appears but gets STUCK there. I can't do anything else. Is this happening to anyone else? There isn't much else to do but to turn it off and unplug it, but that does nothing. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
CarolF17
Reel Rookie

Re: TV is stuck on main screen

I have something similar happening.  When I click on one of the apps on the home screen (main screen), the app flickers and then goes back to the home screen. It won't open any of the streaming apps (ie Netflix, Spectrum, etc).  I spent several hours for 2 days on the chat line with several Roku staff, with no resolution. Unfortunately, those Customer Service people don't know what they are doing either.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @whatiswrong,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this and see how we can assist you. Try performing a factory reset on the TV and then try again to see if that makes any difference.

To proceed, please follow the guided steps here: How do I factory reset my Roku TV?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CarolF17,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

It seems like this is a playback issue going on. Try checking additional troubleshooting steps provided by our support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Or let us know if this has been used so that we can proceed to the appropriate next step.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos