Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SupersonicNJ
Level 8

TCL TV still not working after update

Jump to solution

Our TCL TV is still not working after the 10.5 updates.  I have tried a restart system and checked for software updates and still nothing.  We can start our apps but the circle just spins when trying to connect and eventually get a connection error.  I thought it was fixed this morning.  One channel on Direct TV Stream started but when I tried to change the channel, I just get the buffering window and then the connection error.  This is so very frustrating!  Our other TCL Roku TV is still working but does not have the update.  

Roku TV - 7111X

TCL model - 55S401

Serial Number - YN00sd449681

Software - 10.5.0 build 4201-30

Device ID - CN500S449681

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupersonicNJ
Level 8

Re: TCL TV still not working after update

Jump to solution

Update...Our TV began working yesterday.  Xfinity shut off the wireless in our area for some work in the morning and when it came back online our TV worked.  I am not sure if this was a coincidence or not.  Our slightly newer TCL Roku TV in the bedroom never lost functionality but the older one in the living room hadn't worked for a few days.  Everything seems to be back to normal right now.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SupersonicNJ
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update...Our TV began working yesterday.  Xfinity shut off the wireless in our area for some work in the morning and when it came back online our TV worked.  I am not sure if this was a coincidence or not.  Our slightly newer TCL Roku TV in the bedroom never lost functionality but the older one in the living room hadn't worked for a few days.  Everything seems to be back to normal right now.  

0 Kudos
Phantom-e
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm also having this problem. Two TV's have the recent update and have problems with malfunctioning apps. Another TV is working fine without the update. Failing TVs have software version 10.5.0. Working TV is 10.0.0. 

0 Kudos