Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku TV - Netflix constantly goes back to home screen

Fortunately, I only have issue with Netflix. 

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

I do t think it matters what you watch. The Netflix app crashes no matter what. I thought by disabling the HDR settings on my TCL tv would fix it but it didn’t. The only fix is to reboot the tv. That only lasts for maybe one movie. Can’t understand what the interaction is between Roku and Netflix. 

0 Kudos
Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

@ruready did it end up working for you? I am having the same issues with Netflix. Cleared cache twice and factory reset 

markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

It dpoesn't do it wirth Prome on my TV. Just the Netflix app. I have come to the realization Roku isn't going to research this issue. So if I want to watch Netflix, before I click on it, I just reboot the tv first. What an inconvieence

0 Kudos
Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly 

Model 7120X- Roku TV

Serial Number- YS00AU018205 (FV284A018205

Device ID- FV284A018205

Software Version- 12.5.0 build 4176-30

I have: cleared the cache 2x uninstalled and reinstalled Netflix and did a factory reset. The issue occurs nonstop.

IMG_4184.jpeg

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Model 65S421

Hardware ID 7134X

Serial YN00R8693525

OS Version 12.50 Build 4176-30

Tracker ID 25-521-260

Hope that’s what you need. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @markgeorg1234.

Rest assured, we have already collected and forwarded the following data to the appropriate team for review and further investigation. We sincerely hope for your patience in the meantime.

Should you have other concerns or inquiries, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_Jeff_
Reel Rookie

I'm also experiencing the Netflix crash on my TCL TV. At least once every day or two it will either crash back to the main menu or fully reboot the TV.

I'm happy to provide my TV's information, but feel uncomfortable sharing the info publicly. Is there a more private way we can share this info with Roku?

Thanks!

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @_Jeff_.

We understand you do not want to share device information via public post. No worries; we have an alternative for you. Please send us a PM here at the Roku Community. To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see "Send this user a private message."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Musiclover1,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Netflix channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

If the problem continues, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos