Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

TCL Roku TV - Netflix constantly goes back to home screen

This has been going on for over a year now. I’m in for class action if you want. I have 2 tcl’s and it happens on both TV’s. Roku support is useless.

Bellro02
Reel Rookie

Class action is extreme.  I admit it is a true annoyance.  Will dump my TCL.  Negative reviews are more powerful if issues aren't resolved.

Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Let's go for it!

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

That's great but for all of us who have the Roku TCL tv's, we still have the issue. Roku support should see why the 4k express aliviates the issue and maybe research why.

boopster00
Channel Surfer

My TV is not 4K; just 1080. But Netflix still bombs out. I guess I’m luckier than some, though; at least my Prime still works. 

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Yes my Prime still works which is weird. I’ve never had an issue with Prime just Netflix. 

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

Shutting off the 4K HDR on my TCL also fixed the issue. Its too bad Roku support couldn't figure this out and we did.

f360racer
Binge Watcher

Direct Roku support does not help with these issues at all. They don't have a way to reach a help line. Only a link to "Several known issues" but the specific Netflix issue not mentioned nor is a solution. The ones they outline do not work consistently or at all for most people. They don't work for me and my three TCL Roku TV's. I was happy with the TCL Roku interface and experience until this major problem keeps the experience unacceptable anymore. I will replace these TV's with another brand.

0 Kudos
f360racer
Binge Watcher

Re: Netflix crashing... Here is my tracker ID again

IMG_8931.JPG

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

I have a Roku TIV. Uninstalling and re installing the app didn't fix it for me. The only think it work temporarily was unplugging it and wait 10 second, plug it back. Last time I did it was two months ago and I haven't had any issue since. 

0 Kudos