Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku TV - Netflix constantly goes back to home screen

I did ALL of those suggestions including factory resetting the Roku TV and it still constantly goes back to the Home Screen while watching Netflix. It will freeze but you can still hear the audio, then go back to the Home Screen. Only seems to happen with Netflix 

48 REPLIES 48
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Most recent issue was I tried to turn up the volume when I had started a Netflix episode and the episode froze, then the entire TV crashed, not just the app. 

I watch more than a dozen streaming apps on a semi-regular basis. Netflix is the ONLY one that crashes on me. I don't really see how it's a problem with my equipment. Netflix/Roku has a problem. 

Rebooting TV/clearing cache can, yes, help temporarily. But it's an annoying workaround we shouldn't have to do. 

Pompocho
Binge Watcher

I am curious to know if you have tested the Netflix app in another TV brand. I don’t have other brands so I can’t really say for sure is the app and not Roku. But you may be right.

0 Kudos
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Another smart TV we own is a Fire TV and it has its own quirks and issues, but it has never crashed Netflix and I've had that TV for 2.5 years. And my Netflix app on this TV didn't crash (maybe once every few months, and that was back when I was watching it nearly daily) before the last few months. Now I end up just watching Netflix on my PC rather than fight the TV. 

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

I go back and forth between Roku TV and PC. Netflix on Roku TV crash at least once at month but I unplug it plagued back in after 10 seconds and it is back to work. I learned to deal with it.

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

I am sorry buddy. Luckily in my case it doesn’t happen that often. One thing I recall though is that was happening with a very old Roku TV, I used to own. I have 3 Roku TVs and they are approximately 5 years old. 

0 Kudos
boopster00
Channel Surfer

This operation did not work for me instead it totally whacked out my TV. It just kept rapidly scrolling through the Home Screen menu after rebooting. After 5 minutes of this, I tried to turn the TV off with my remote, but it didn’t work. I had to unplug the TV from the power outlet, and now it won’t come on at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
arthurucf
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Hello

i am having the same issue with Netflix (version 5.1 build 120088002). I go to load a show and it crashes. 

Tlc model: 65S435

Hardware id: C142X 

device id: S02Y2092CJXJ

serial: X00000E2CJXJ

tracker is: XJ-471-233

i look forward to hearing back from you. 
thanks 

0 Kudos
markgeorg1234
Streaming Star

I’m with you. I’ve tried all of the fixes or lack of fixes and I still have an issue. Maybe Roku can see that there is an obvious issue between these 2 apps and their TCL tv. How about they recreate the issue in the lab and fix this.

NA71

I have a Roku TV, a TCL, only two years old. My problem is Nexflix. I can't even use it. It behaves like I"'m on an old dial-up and I have a fast internet speed. While searching for movies, the app will freeze and the TV will need to be restarted. It starts okay, but the more I search around, the more it gets hung up. It's ONLY Netflix. I have removed and reinstalled Netflix, put it back to factory defaults, and rebooted the internet...nothing works.  Any ideas?