Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhart3888
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Goes Dark after QR Code

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV plays fine until an ad comes in with a QR code, on YouTube. When I go back to the video, the picture is black, but the audio is on. I have removed it, restarted the system, then reinstalled it. This helped for about a day. Then it happened again. I have a similar problem on my Haystack app. There, when the picture enlarged to full screen after scrolling 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Goes Dark after QR Code

Jump to solution

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @rhart3888!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rhart3888,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this problem thoroughly. Could you send us a video clip of your problem? May we know what the software version of your Roku TV is by going to settings, system, and about?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhart3888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have attached a photo of the TV information you need. I only have the problem on YouTube, after an advertisement with a QR code on it. Not all of them, but quite a number. Haystack, I lose the video every time the picture gets bigger or smaller when paging thru the stories. It happens right in the middle of the video and is really irritating. If I just let it play, it's fine. Just can't pick and choose.

1000000746.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rhart3888,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, but we would like to get more details regarding this issue that you're experiencing. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated only to two channels?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhart3888
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've only noticed it happening on YouTube and Haystack News. On YouTube, it always happens after an ad comes on that has a QR code to the side. Sometimes, it doesn't happen if I catch it before the QR code comes on. The only way I can get the video back where I was in the video is to go to history and restart it there. If it happens while I'm watching something in my history, I just have to start it all over again.

Haystack News, it happens when the video either goes from the smaller video watched while scrolling to the full screen, or from full screen to the smaller video when starting to scroll. If I don't scroll it and just let the videos go to the next, it's ok. 

I watch other channels with ads and no problems. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us, @rhart3888!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos