Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cacameron
Channel Surfer

Suddenly NO apps are working

Have a Roku streaming stick that has been working fine. I connect via hotspot from my cell phone. Suddenly last night no apps would load. My connection was excellent and my phone signal was excellent. Each app would go to the splash screen and just stay there. I restarted the Roku, I unplugged for 5 min, I deleted/restarted/reinstalled apps, and I also checked for updates on Roku and the individual apps — and still nothing. I’m not getting ANY error messages at all. 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Suddenly NO apps are working

Hi @Cacameron
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cacameron
Channel Surfer

Hi. So I may have chosen the wrong streaming stick on my post.

My streaming stick is in the HDMI slot but has a cord coming off of it to go to the wall outlet for power. It stays plugged into the wall and tv even when not in use. My Roku remote also does not power off the Roku device. So I guess it just stays on all the time even when the tv is off. 

Cacameron
Channel Surfer

Still having no luck and no one has responded

Cacameron
Channel Surfer

I have tried everything I’ve dug up from the internet. My Roku software was last updated in December 2021 and has worked just fine on the same internet setup since this update. I have checked for new updates and there are none. There are also no new updates for my apps. It’s not one particular app, it’s ALL of them that aren’t working. I have even done a factory reset on the Roku which did nothing for my problem. Can someone please help???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cacameron

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? If you are unable to play content on all channels, it's possible that there may be a network connectivity issue. Have you tried connecting to an alternate wireless network to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

For clarification, the Roku remote will not power down the Roku device as Roku devices do not power off, but rather go into standby mode when not in use.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos