Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pfin3
Level 7

Streaming stick+ jumping banner

Roku stick+ won't work. Turn out on and banner just jumps up and down. TV doesn't even acknowledge it is even plugged in. Started to work one time and the picture just froze. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick+ jumping banner

Are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pfin3
Level 7

• I've tried both................................................................................................................

................................................................................................. sorry, they want 140 characters........................................................................................................................................

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

To exhaust all possibilities, unplug the the power from the TV and the stick for several minutes and give it another try.  The only other thing I could think of to try is another USB power adapter if you have one and not all would be acceptable.  It has to be able to supply at least 1 Amp.

If that doesn't work, I don't normally recommend a factory reset except as a last resort. so... to factory reset the stick find the reset button that should be along one of the thin edges and may take poking a paperclip through a little hole to depress.  With the power connected to the stick press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

P.S. - spaces work for stupid 140 character mandate.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos