Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jweisneck
Binge Watcher

Re: Streaming device volume drops or gets distorted

I have an extender in the same room as the Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jweisneck,

We appreciate the response!

Could you confirm if you're experiencing this issue with a specific channel, or does this generally happen on the Roku interface?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jweisneck
Binge Watcher

As I stated earlier, I use hbo max and xfinity the most.  That is where the problem happens.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jweisneck,

Thanks for providing the information.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuJohnB? If not, we recommend doing so to resolve the issue. When the issue persists, please let us know, and we'll assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AzPeacemaker77
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - Volume glitch after some time - Volume glitched high or low and distorted

I've been having this issue for months, on Hulu, HBO and Netflix for sure, maybe others, haven't been paying attention. If I back out of the program and then go back in, it's returned to normal. Until today it was just a reduction in volume but today it glitched. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - Volume glitch after some time - Volume glitched high or low and distorted

Hi @AzPeacemaker77,

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with a volume glitch with the channels you have mentioned. We would be more than happy to assist. Try to perform a system restart to resolve the issue. To do this, go to Settings > System > System Restart. After this, kindly check to see if you notice any difference.

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
novelty_ed

I've been having the same problem for several months now. It is intermittent but can occur several times in the course of one evening. I have found that briefly going to 'fast forward' and then back to 'resume' will usually reset the issue. It would appear that the audio decoding software drops some bits, messes up the decoding and needs to get resynced. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @novelty_ed,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with volume glitch. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuLianna? If not, we recommend those steps performed to resolve the issue.

Please let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AzPeacemaker77
Reel Rookie

I have restarted my system many times and it has continued to happen over time. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AzPeacemaker77,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry to hear about the persistent issue that has been happening on your Roku device. Since this issue seems to be affecting multiple channels you are accessing, this likely indicates that the root cause is the Roku streaming device itself and not the channels. Have you tried factory resetting the Roku device to see if the issue persists? Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask for you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos