Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming any video on any channel

Jump to solution

I went to play a show on Netflix and the video just constantly was trying to load I backed out checked internet connection everything checked fine I went back into Netflix same issue, I picked hbo max and YouTube and all video will not play even ads won’t play I had tcl tv for a long time so we recently purchased this one last week. What’s going on ? 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming any video on any channel

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Lynnemarissa!

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out for support and let us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Netflix, Max, and YouTube channels. No worries! We're here to offer some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming. 

Before we proceed, may we first know if there are any error messages prompted on your screen whenever you try to access the affected channels? Also, we suggest trying to check the signal strength of your network connection and let us know the results. 

You can check it under Settings > Network > Check connection. For further information about this, kindly visit our Support article on How to check the connection to your home network and the internet

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming any video on any channel

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Lynnemarissa!

It is highly appreciated that you have reached out for support and let us know about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Netflix, Max, and YouTube channels. No worries! We're here to offer some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming. 

Before we proceed, may we first know if there are any error messages prompted on your screen whenever you try to access the affected channels? Also, we suggest trying to check the signal strength of your network connection and let us know the results. 

You can check it under Settings > Network > Check connection. For further information about this, kindly visit our Support article on How to check the connection to your home network and the internet

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you get back on streaming. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos