Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadioDAVE

Streaming Stick 4k - Multichannel Audio Dropouts

I have a two-week-old Streaming Stick 4k. Initially, it played multichannel audio without any problems. Lately, the multichannel audio has dropped out continuously. The audio will play for a few seconds, then drop out for a few seconds. 

I'm using a Yamaha receiver to power my 7.1 audio system. The receiver will show a multichannel audio stream, while the audio is playing, then display Decoder Off where there are gaps in audio. 

This is happening on multiple streaming providers, such as Hulu and Prime. 

If I switch the Roku digital audio output to STEREO, the audio streams correctly. 

Model: 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K
Software version - 12.5.0 - build 4178-E6

2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streaming Stick 4k - Multichannel Audio Dropouts

Hi @RadioDAVE,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please be advised that when using volume modes, movies and TV shows you stream with a surround sound format such as Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby ATMOS may be converted to stereo. If your Roku device is connected to an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, you may need to set volume modes to ‘Off’ to hear the surround sound format.

You may also check out this support article here on how to use volume modes on your Roku streaming device.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustJake

Re: Streaming Stick 4k - Multichannel Audio Dropouts

Did that. Worked better yet reverted to intermittent half way through the first movie I watched. My iPhone 15 displays "Reconected to Stik" which suggests the stik and app are losing each other. This worked well on an earlier stik.

0 Kudos