Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcmotorhed
Channel Surfer

Stream Bar only flashes yellow light. Will do nothing

Jump to solution

My Streambar will run fine for a while maybe a day or two (green light and great sound) and will suddenly flash yellow.  I have to restart my Roku box to clear it up.  I have a fairly new Samsung TV.  I shouldn’t have to restart my a Roku box almost daily to get it to run again.  Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Stream Bar only flashes yellow light. Will do nothing

Jump to solution

Hi @SueL55,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Blinking lights on Roku devices often mean that the Roku Streambar doesn't have an Internet connection. In some cases, you can still stream while the LED blinks yellow. Try checking the connection under Settings > Network and restarting your network. In addition, you can also perform a system restart to solve this. Just go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pcmotorhed,

Thanks for reaching out for assistance here in the Roku Community!

The yellow light flash of the Roku Streambar is an indication of searching for a network connection. Nonetheless, we want to know what specific issue you are having with your Roku Streambar so we can assist you with this. Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the specific issue you're having with the Roku Streambar? What happens when a sudden yellow light is flashing?

Tell us more about this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SueL55

Jump to solution

We are not showing that we are connected 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SueL55,

Thanks for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Blinking lights on Roku devices often mean that the Roku Streambar doesn't have an Internet connection. In some cases, you can still stream while the LED blinks yellow. Try checking the connection under Settings > Network and restarting your network. In addition, you can also perform a system restart to solve this. Just go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos