Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandiJ
Channel Surfer

Re: Sounds keeps cutting out on Roku express

Any update on this. 
I ask because it's happening again. 

It did stop briefly, have no idea why. 

I actually thought perhaps you guys found a fix, but alas - here it is again. 

Let me know. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
GO2
Reel Rookie

Same problem for me and my Roku Express 4k+.  I'm watching a movie and I lose sound for a couple of seconds, about 7 or 8 times during the movie.  I don't recall this happening until recently.  My roku is connected directly to a sound bar, then to my Samsung TV using an the ARC connection.  

0 Kudos
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

same problem for me too.

Brand new device. Audio drops out every 10 - 20 minutes on all channels for a few seconds - extremely annoying and completely ruins the streaming experience.

Roku next to router, signal strength excellent, no issues with internet as was recently fixed.

Don’t get audio drop out on my smart Blu-ray player, it’s definitely the Roku.

Tried all the usual “fixes” i.e factory reset, swapping HDMI cable and ports. It’s connected to an old Panasonic LCD TV - read another post which suggested that Roku wasn’t compatible with older TVs but I thought the whole point of a Roku device was that it was designed for older TVs with HDMI connections.

Here is the issue report tracker info:

Model: 3930EU - Roku Express

Serial number: X004005S90L5 (S01V314S90L5)

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-AE

GC version: 11.3.24

Timestamp: 2024-04-17T21:44:32Z

Issue ID L5-155-384

Today:

Issue ID L5-156-410

It’s still under warranty, so if I don’t get a satisfactory response or fix I’ll return it to the retailer and switch to a Firestick or Apple TV instead.

0 Kudos
RandiJ
Channel Surfer

Is anyone at Roku looking into this? I posted back in February and they haven't posted a fix yet. 

0 Kudos
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

I suspect not.

I bought the Roku on the strength of the online reviews and because it appeared to be good value.

However, Roku completely sold out of all devices in the UK for a few months & retailers here have only just recently restocked.

I do wonder if there has been some manufacturing problem or quality control issues which has affected this new batch of devices. However after trawling the internet it appears that this problem has also affected earlier versions of the Roku devices.

Also the fact that there is no way to contact Roku for customer support doesn’t exactly inspire me with confidence.

This is my first purchase of a streaming device as I’ve previously used smart Blu-ray players although my current one is only supported with a few apps, hence the Roku purchase.

I should have paid heed to that old adage “you get what you pay for” so now I’m seriously considering returning the device and paying more money for a premium and hopefully more reliable product like the Apple TV 3rd Generation.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@RandiJ,

Sorry for the delay in our solution about this and thanks for getting back to us.

I've dropped you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Intrepidnewby,

Thanks for responding!

We wanted to let you know that we continue investigating your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available. Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

All the best,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Intrepidnewby
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply.

Here are three further issue id codes that my unit has reported today:

ID LD-156-410 

ID LD-156-539 

ID LD-156-833 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.