Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelevine
Reel Rookie

Sound drops for about 5 seconds every 20 minutes or so

I have a new Roku ultra and my provider is Xfinity. About every 20 minutes I lose audio for about five seconds and then it comes back. This happens with anything that I am streaming. I have exchanged the Roku and it does the same thing on the new one. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting with Roku and also with Xfinity. No one can find a solution. It is very annoying and is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound drops for about 5 seconds every 20 minutes or so

@michaelevine

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue with multiple devices, it's unlikely that the issue with the device itself. How are you connecting the Roku device? Is the device connected directly to the TV? Have you tried using another HDMI cable as well as plugging the device into another HDMI port on the TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos