Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGoldwein

Sound cutting out across multiple streaming services

Hi there.  I have a new Roku Express 4K+.  I am able to watch streams from various providers.  However, every so often the sound cuts out.  It is happening across multiple streaming providers, so the problem is not related to a particular streaming service.

I had seen on a board that I should try changing my audio from auto to stereo, but doing so did not solve the problem.

I have seen similar posts from other people, but I couldn't find a way to add a message to an existing post - my apologies for creating a new post.

I don't know if there is a problem with my device and I need to exchange it for another one, if this is a common, unresolved problem with Roku devices, or if there is a configuration setting I need to change.

Can you please advise how I should proceed?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound cutting out across multiple streaming services

You might want to try a different HDMI cable or a different HDMI input on the TV.  If it's new, you might want to try a factory reset and start over just to see if it helps.  If it doesn't, factory reset it again and return/exchange it while you still can.  Some problems aren't worth mucking with when it's a new device.  It should just work when it's connected to a TV and there aren't other components involved.  Now if you're using an AVR or a soundbar or have some other exotic audio setup, then that's another matter.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.