Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeyMo

Sling TV will not load up. All other apps work

Jump to solution

Sling TV will not load up. All other apps work. I tried taking off app and putting back on. Rebooted, still logo comes up but drops out.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sling won't launch on Streaming bar

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe this issue with the Sling TV channel has been resolved for most users, after working closely with Sling TV, they have implemented the necessary fixes to restore full functionality to the channel.

We recommend checking for a manual update Roku player, by going to check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

One additional suggestion, try removing the Sling TV channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

If you encounter any further issues or have any questions, you can directly reach out to Sling TV for further assistance. 

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Thank you for being valued members of our community, and we look forward to providing you with uninterrupted service moving forward

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Doug581
Channel Surfer

Re: Sling TV will not load up. All other apps work

Jump to solution

Just today Sling TV stopped working for me on a 55" TCL Roku TV model 55S451. The Sling TV startup screen is also different as it shows Sling TV with the TV icon showing in multiple colors where before this was different and the app shows itself updating on devices today. Sling TV starts up, shows network error where there is none and then reverts to home screen. Works on other devices.

Sling TV Version 8.109 will not load - on model 4620X 12.5.5

Jump to solution

Just updated to Sling TV Version 8.109 on Roku Premiere 4620X - 12.5.5 - when I click on it, it thinks about it and goes back to home screen.

0 Kudos
eplib

Jump to solution

Same issue. Hopefully they fix it soon!

PhilippeLB

Jump to solution

same here... do not work on the network.. TV and computer... I tried on my phone... it worked in 5G but did not work on WIFI network.

0 Kudos
Cmil2

Jump to solution

Same. This is a Roku issue and support needs to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Doug581
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is a Sling issue. Now app doesn't work on my Android phone or my Fire TV. Tried contacting Sling and no one answers as they are aware of issue and shut down phones and online chat.

0 Kudos
AhSteve1

Jump to solution

Reached Sling was told lines down? WTF is that?

Jump to solution

same. strangely, the sling app works and connects on my phone, but not the roku tv app (saying “network error”) when every other app works. i even tried deleting and reinstalling it…

AhSteve1

Jump to solution

That's exactly what I'm experiencing. My phone and my tablet work with sling but not my TV

0 Kudos