Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinkynb777
Reel Rookie

Sling won't launch on Streaming bar

Jump to solution

My Sling stopped launching on my tv that uses the ROKU streaming bar but will launch on my other tv which is a Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sling won't launch on Streaming bar

Jump to solution

Hi, @Pinkynb777 

We appreciate you for posting here in the Roku Community regarding the issue you've encountered with Sling TV.

For this matter, we'd like to collect more details regarding the issue at hand so that further actions will be taken to resolve the issue. The information we gather is crucial for us to work on this issue together with the appropriate Roku team who will investigate it further. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once the details are available, we'll notify the appropriate Roku team so that necessary actions will be taken to resolve the issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Pinkynb777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It clearly heard you because when I went to gather that info, starting with Sling TV version 8.108 build 14261 and launched to get the tracker ....it worked 😂😂

0 Kudos
ddodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, I think. Sling launches. I see their logo for about 20-20 seconds, and then a white spinning circle, and that's it. I completely reset my original Roku device - essentially down to bare metal - same results.

This afternoon, I even went out and purchased a new Roku model and had the same result. As others have mentioned, I am able to watch Sling on my computer without any issues.

I am down to three options, I think. We'll see. 

1. Roku identifies the issue
    1. It may be a Sling-related issue but that doesn't explain why it works one way and not the other (scratching head).
  2. Roku is able to identify the issue. I have full confidence in this but...
  3. Ditch my Roku devices and try another brand.

If anyone at Roku would like to reach out, I would be more than happy to help. I've been working with hardware and software for almost 40 years, and perhaps I can see something.

I run Ubiquiti equipment and am currently going through the logs. I thought that perhaps a Ubiquiti-related upgrade caused the issue, but I doubt it, as others have also experienced it.

Thanks!

Doug

0 Kudos
ddodge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope, all of my logs look normal.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe this issue with the Sling TV channel has been resolved for most users, after working closely with Sling TV, they have implemented the necessary fixes to restore full functionality to the channel.

We recommend checking for a manual update Roku player, by going to check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

One additional suggestion, try removing the Sling TV channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

If you encounter any further issues or have any questions, you can directly reach out to Sling TV for further assistance. 

This discussion will be closed and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Thank you for being valued members of our community, and we look forward to providing you with uninterrupted service moving forward

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos