Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattK1010

Sky TV only playing in small frame through Roku home screen

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

As of this morning, when I open Sky TV, it doesn't automatically open up full screen, it just plays via the Roku home screen. To get Sky full screen I have to go through the TV Picture Settings and click on Sky Q, and then it goes full screen. But to do this every time is a bit of pain. 

I have a TCL 65" TV and everything has been fine until this morning.

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sky TV only playing in small frame through Roku home screen

Hi @MattK1010,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you provide us with a photo of this issue? We'd like to visualize this for better investigation. Also, have you already tried performing a system restart on your device by going to Settings > System > Power (Skip is an unavailable option) > Restart?

Keep us updated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JJJPint
Reel Rookie

Thank you, RokuJanadeeK. I also have this problem. I am in Guadalajara, Mexico and a few weeks ago the display image of all Sky channels is distorted in the sense that part of the image is cut off both on the left and on the right. This is most evident when there is a news banner displayed: you can't read either the beginning or the end of the words displayed.

I followed your instructions for RESTART but it didn't help. I will be happy to send you a photo of how the screen looks if you tell me where to send the picture.

Cheers,

JJJ Pint

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JJJPint,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you in sending us a photo. Please locate the camera icon so you can send us a photo.

We hope this helps.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JJJPint
Reel Rookie

Thank you, John. Here is how I am seeing all Sky channels on my Roku TV... Sorry, dragging the image into this frame does not seem to be working. Can you give me an email address to which I can send the photo?CNN News program with left and right sides cut off

0 Kudos
JJJPint
Reel Rookie

Image cut left and rightImage cut left and right

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for this information, @JJJPint.

May we know if this channel was shown in full screen before? Also, try a workaround by changing the TV resolution just to check if there will be a difference. You can follow the steps provided in this article on how to change the display type on your Roku® streaming player. Additionally, during playback, please click on the star button on your remote and look for further options to change picture settings.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos