Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Skipping while Streaming

Hi KatPat,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Anna17
Reel Rookie

Same but it's also affecting Netflix on my tv- mine mutes the sound when it skips though. I'm on Roku 3(?) And idk if my Roku device is old, do they go bad? I update it always etc 

0 Kudos
Anna17
Reel Rookie

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help me, both Hulu and Netflix are skipping but mine mutes it too  My device is older, but it's always updated. Can you guys undue your last update? Please.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Anna17

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 (4230X) is an older device and it's possible that the device may simply be on its way out. As a last resort, have you already tried rebooting your wireless network and when removing the channel, you made sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos