Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tallmusicguy55
Reel Rookie

Re: Some apps (mainly Hulu) have skipping / lagging video problem

I can’t use 1080, so 720 is what I use. Video quality is good, but it doesn’t make a difference. Hulu still skips with Roku Express +. No other apps skip. I’ve tried similar strategies as recommended by channel, Roku, the Community to no avail. Hulu doesn’t have any answers and neither do I find different solutions. My internet speed and connection is way more than required By Roku. Roku does not have call in support. Updates are current. One person recommended to revert to the previous update but haven’t figured out how to try that to see if it will work.

0 Kudos
ZinZyph

Re: Skipping while Streaming

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem. I've tried restarting my device, factory resetting, and deleting then reinstalling Hulu. None of that helped. I hope you can help me.

-Roku model number: 3930RW - Roku Express
-serial number: X00400ERC5PT
-device ID: S013297RC5PT
-software OS ver/build: 9.3.0 (build 4170-AE)
-channel version: version 6.32 (build 4)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs: PT-305-616

0 Kudos
bickitybam
Reel Rookie

@bickitybam wrote:

@RokuDanny-R 

This just got better for me, I'm not sure why. I would frequently get the skipping and the zoom issue I mentioned before while watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as recently as last week. I watched the new episode last night and there was no skipping and no zooming. I went back and watched episodes that had these issues before and it's not happening anymore!

However it is still happening when I use the Kids profile and watch a show there (at least the skipping part).

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

S/N: YH00CY278776

Device ID: 21399C278776

S/W ver: 9.3.0 * build 4172-50

Hulu ver: 6.32 * build 4

Issue tracker ID (when I'm still getting a skip before a break starts in the Kids profile): 76-297-660

Welp that didn't last. I'm having the skipping problem again.

Here's my latest issue id: 76-306-840

All my other info is the same as above. 

0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem of freezing and skipping ahead or starting another program (in same app) while watching another! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

0 Kudos
sulingman
Channel Surfer

Yeah looks like this is a common problem for a while now. I get this skipping ahead problem across all channels. Its always something!

0 Kudos
jacquuiiiv

I have the same problem. It’s so frustrating. It happens on the MTV app, Bravo, MSNBC, and many more apps on Roku. I end up turning it off and watching the show on my phone instead to avoid the skipping. 

I was hoping to find a resolution to the skipping I’ve recently been experiencing since it’s occurring only on the VH1 and Bravo apps. But wow, I didn’t think this issue has been going on since June. Albeit, the skipping did only start 3-4 weeks ago and I’ve had this Roku ultra since November. 

Will there be a universal update coming out soon to permanently fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the inquiry, @Jon10herrera.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Effrimvee

Someone recommended that a year ago. A year later and it still doesn’t work and the skipping still happens

0 Kudos
KatPat

Tonight I'm on Bravo channel experiencing the same problem.

Every other channel all apps play smooth.

But this choppy cutting in and out is crazy!

Tonight is a season finale with the Housewives of OC.

I'd love to be able to watch it with breaking up.

0 Kudos