Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyssFit
Channel Surfer

Sharp Roku TV LC-65Q7300U

TV infoTV info

I turned on my Roku TV and it’s stuck in a loop. It won’t turn on completely. I have a video but can’t upload it here. The reset button didn’t do anything.

I pressed the reset button for 30th ones, unplugged the tv while still holding the reset button and waited another 30 seconds and then plugged it back in while stillllllll holding the reset button and held it for another 30 seconds… all times on my phone to make sure it was ample time… nothing changed… 

This is a bricked TV from a bad update pushed to it. How is Roku gonna fix this? I can’t call anyone or get live chat… 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MyssFit
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV LC-65Q7300U

So, since the forums are no help.. I had an idea. I have a USB port on my TV, maybe there's firmware that I can manually try to unbrick my tv with. So GREAT! Right! I found the page for the Roku firmware. 

It's asking for my Roku model number and serial number to get the firmware. **bleep**.. TV won't boot so I can't get it. Bright Idea... log into my streaming apps and see what devices. On Hulu, I got my model number! Yay! **bleep**.. how do I get my serial number, because it's different than the TV serial number. 

Log into Roku and get the serial number there! Yay! Got all the pieces of information. Plug it in. 

**bleep**!! Invalid Roku model. Search my Roku model number. Yep, it's valid. It's the one for 4k Roku TVs, which mine is.

CAN I GET THE FIRMWARE EMAILED TO ME SO I CAN TRY TO FIX YOUR SCREW UP? 

Roku Model: 7000x

Roku Serial: YN006A692814

0 Kudos
MyssFit
Channel Surfer

https://tvupdate.roku.com/index?p=select 

For anyone who may be able to fix their tv. Here's the link to download firmware, if you can get it. 

For Roku staff, or anyone else who may be able to help... here's the error I get when trying to get the firmware for my tv... ErrorError

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MyssFit, by trial and error I ascertained that the Roku model number for your LC-65Q7300U is 7233X.  I don't know why Roku makes it so hard.  Give that number a try and see if you can download the firmware.  Your next hurdle will be trying to get it to update. Smiley Happy

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
miles_lloyd
Reel Rookie

I was able to follow all steps, (THX for the Roku Model #) but  after inserting the USB drive into TV's slot, no 12-digit number appeared on the screen. Couldn't complete step 3 of 4.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@miles_lloyd, you can't just plug it in.  You have to go to Settings->System->System update and then select "I can't connect".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos