Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
labluesgirl
Reel Rookie

Severance - VERY specific issue

I can watch Severance (apple TV) on every other Roku device I own (3 total), every PC, every tablet, and my phone. EXCEPT the Roku in my bedroom.

Every time I try to play an episode on the Roku in my bedroom it says "video not available - there's a problem loading this video. If this continues, check your internet connection."

EXCEPT. If I start an episode on another Roku, wait an hour, then I can play that episode from my bedroom. And I can watch ONLY that already started episode. No other episodes. If I let it play through to the end the next episode says video not available.

No other devices. No other rokus. No other apps. No other shows on this exact app. I can play EVERYTHING else on Apple TV just fine.

I'm going bananas here. I have tried a factory reset. I have tried clearing my cache. I have deleted the app downloaded it and reinstalled it. I have tried changing the video settings. I have tried everything I can possibly think of and I'm absolutely at my wit's end. 

Plas halp

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
labluesgirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Severance - VERY specific issue

As an additional troubleshooting step I switched rokus between two tvs. I now know this is SPECIFIC to my bedroom TV on the Roku. 

If I put the Roku in the living room I can play Severance, so it's not the exact Roku. If I connect my tv to my computer, I can play Severance on my bedroom TV. But ANY Roku hooked up to my bedroom TV WILL NOT play Severance. Everything else plays on all other apps. All other devices. All other TVs. 

I'm going to stab my television.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Severance - VERY specific issue

May be something to do with the HDCP handshaking is not quite right on that TV and it doesn't think the connection is securely encrypted. If the TV has multiple HDMI ports, have you tried another port? Depending on the model and how old it is, you can see if there is a firmware update for it.

0 Kudos