Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe_cooler
Reel Rookie

Searching Amazon Prime shows menu causing momentary black screen and sometimes disconnects

Jump to solution

Only happens on Prime. Roku Ultra with quality HDMI cable. When scrolling Amazon Prime looking for a show, each time I move right or left on a show banner the system goes black momentarily. Does it when moving up and down the menu as well. Does not affect streaming once a show has started. Occassionally, after several menu transition momentary blackouts it will cause a white snow screen on the TV forcing me to restart the TV, but not the Roku. After a quick TV restart it usually goes back directly to the Prime menu where I left off.  Again, only on Amazon Prime shows menu. Switched cables, wireless network and HDMI ports and problem persists. Reloaded Prime and have latest Roku update. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joe_cooler
Reel Rookie

Re: Searching Amazon Prime shows menu causing momentary black screen and sometimes disconnects

Jump to solution

Wow that sure sounds like it. I will make the change and reply back. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Searching Amazon Prime shows menu causing momentary black screen and sometimes disconnects

Jump to solution

It could be the auto-adjust display refresh rate setting:

How to change the display refresh rate to match the native format of each movie, video or TV show | ...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
joe_cooler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow that sure sounds like it. I will make the change and reply back. 

0 Kudos
joe_cooler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Made the refresh rate change and it appears to have made a difference.  Will play with it a while and confirm that it is a lasting solution.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@joe_cooler,

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know how things are going.

We're glad that this has been addressed, and if there's anything else, we can further assist you. Feel free to drop in here in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos